This course covers growth and development through the human lifespan including physical, social, cognitive and neurological development. Topics covered included developmental theories, prenatal development, infancy, childhood, education, disabilities, parenting, types of families, gender identity and roles, career decisions, illnesses and treatments, aging, retirement, generativity, and dying. This course, developed by Lumen Learning, is based on Lifespan Psychology by Laura Overstreet, with additional material from the Noba Project.
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates the best available open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach it as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course is delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.
Why Teach with Lumen Course Materials?
- Replace expensive textbooks: Ready-to-adopt open educational resources (OER) include text, videos, simulations, self-checks, and other interactives.
- Choose affordability: Low cost to students.
- Use better content: Continuous, data-driven improvements make OER content more effective at supporting learning.
- Simplify access: Easy access to course materials in your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle) plus automatic grade return.
- Improve student outcomes: Research shows Lumen course materials can improve academic performance, passing rates, and course completion.
- Save time: Start with curated, outcome-aligned OER and supplemental instructor resources like quiz banks, assignments, slide decks, etc.
- Customize your course: Freedom to tailor course content to fit your learning outcomes and instructional approach.
- Enjoy awesome support: Faculty-friendly onboarding, training, and support.
- Learn by doing: Self-checks, online homework, and other interactive tools strengthen learning.
- Engage from day one: Avoid falling behind with access course materials from the first day of class.
- Retain materials: Download a digital copy of course content to keep forever.
- Become a better learner: Waymaker’s real-time feedback and nudges guide students on where to focus and how to improve.